The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the US Government or the Peace Corps

Thursday, January 14, 2010


Here is Picture Post Number 1! Mostly just photos but I'll narrate a little. The above photo is from Mikumi National Park. We went as a group during training and saw many of the characteristic Africa savanna animals.

So here are the two lions we saw. Apparently seeing them was rather unusual. But rarer still was what happened afterward. They.....enjoyed each other's company :P

Fellow volunteers observing the hippos. OK I admit it wasn't candid, but they did look like this before I asked them to repeat it!






My host family's house in Morogoro. It was quite nice considering. I was extremely fortunate!



The group at the end of training! I can name names later maybe....


When some of us weren't taking our oral exams we were learning a new sustainable gardening method. It has very exciting applications!


The farewell dinner with my host family and CBT mates!


This was my best picture of our swearing in. Sorry! I'll see if I can get better ones.


Next few pictures are from Christmas in Mbeya with another PCV Kate and the NGO she works with. She and Deb were wonderful to host us for the weekend!



We climbed the mountain behind their house and these pictures are from the walk to and climb up the mountain.




Theo couldn't climb his rocks so he settled for a tree.





The following are pictures of the valley that I live in. I took them when staying with another PCV Katie for New Years.







Hope you enjoyed them! I hope to do this again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment